Thursday 28 May 2015

Emergency Service Awards

Headed to the Conservatory in the Banff Springs Hotel to shoot the Emergency Service Awards for Banff. It has been awhile since I have done a shoot at the Banff Springs and it was fun to be back! This room has been renovated recently with new carpets and a new coat of paint, really brightened the place up. The wall to wall windows make it a great room to shoot with natural light. They were celebrating several milestones, 10, 15 and 20 years of service!

Two cute kids who were quite photogenic hanging out before the awards started. I have missed working with kids and I guess they took to me as they were attached to me for the rest of the afternoon!







 Mingling before the awards start. All suited up in their uniforms, they looked great!



Mayor Sorensen gave a very touching speech, that the people in this room have such life changing jobs for both the locals and the visitors. Funny moment during the award ceremony, a few over eager guests and a reporter were taking photos so they were looking in all different directions. The Mayor pointed to me and said, "That is the professional photographer, you learn these things", she must have recognized me from the many photos shoots I've done that she has attended! 


Group photo of all the award winners and presenters. Took a few test shots and this was my favorite!


A variety of sandwiches and desserts made for some tasty snacks after the award ceremony!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment